Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Stub Tenon for cabinet door?

On Mar 18, 4:08*pm, "Swingman" wrote:

Hell, split the difference and glue just the middle third on all four sides
if you think the relative weakness of the joint will benefit.

If I am in doubt on a larger door, I will usually put a dot of glue in
the groove in all four sides as I don't like the rattle if the panel
shrinks.

The way I learned to make doors was to let the panel float. But on
smaller doors, I haven't had one fail when I glued it all around. And
I cannot count the number of room sized doors as well as kitchen doors
I have caulked in place since all the old "natural" finishes are being
replaced by white paint. No failures in the fields of the panels yet,
but in some cases there are some hairline movement cracks at the panel
to adjacent wood areas.

I didn't want to post...

I was intimidated by someone that turns out

*gulp*

almost 2 1/2 finished kitchens a week, day in and day out. That's a
finished kitchen in just 18 hours, every week for 33 years!

WAAAAAY outta my league.

I am seeing a man standing on a top of a new CNC machine, a steely
eyed all seeing gaze in his eyes, Molson in hand, cape blowing in the
breeze....

Yippeeee!

Robert