Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus11638 Ignoramus11638 is offline

Default Fake reviews on Amazon?

On 2009-03-18, Wes wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Many Amazon "customer" reviews are written by the author(s) under an assumed
name.

Notice that the first three reviews were posted within one day of each
other; they're written with multiple screamers (three or four exclamation
points in a row); and there are no other reviews on Amazon by those
individuals. Those are giveaways.

I clicked on more than half of the "See all my reviews" to see the reviewers other
reviews. Author seems to have a lot of people that have reviewed only one book.

I don't know where the author lives but it seem that we can smell it in New Jersey and in
Michigan.

Why am I not shocked that a get rich book is a scam?

My guess is that the author gives a free seminar or something like
that, for a positive review. In other words, the reviews are not
genuinely written as a unsolicited expression of opinion, but they are
written by real people (who are rather stupid to begin with), and not
by one person with many accounts registered.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/