Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Fake reviews on Amazon?

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Many Amazon "customer" reviews are written by the author(s) under an
assumed
name.

Notice that the first three reviews were posted within one day of each
other; they're written with multiple screamers (three or four exclamation
points in a row); and there are no other reviews on Amazon by those
individuals. Those are giveaways.

I clicked on more than half of the "See all my reviews" to see the
reviewers other
reviews. Author seems to have a lot of people that have reviewed only one
book.

I don't know where the author lives but it seem that we can smell it in
New Jersey and in
Michigan.

Friends and family account for the different styles. This is a common and
well-known thing in the publishing business.

That's not to say that they're all fakes, but get-rich books are similar to
self-help books in that they tend toward gushing enthusiasm on the part of
readers, and their authors seem to need an extra edge to promote them.

Why am I not shocked that a get rich book is a scam?

Sheer penetrating insight and acumen on your part, Wes. g

--
Ed Huntress