Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default termites

On Mar 18, 3:45*pm, Chris wrote:
coloradotrout wrote:
Should I proactively try to prevent termites, and if so, how?

I live in NE Kansas - partially wooded area with about 35" of rain a
year.

The house was built in 2000. *Original owner has a pest company come
out and spray, set bait traps, etc. *I'm inclinded to do as much as I
can myself. * I'll spray a perimiter pest spray to keep down spiders,
etc. * But what about termites? *Is this a serious threat -- one worth
hiring the pros to prevent?

Take a look at this web site *http://www.doityourselftermitecontrol.com/products.htm

A couple I know used this system last year and it seems to be working. I am
going to try it myself.

Chris

You cant go wrong with Termidor. I paid $850 rto have my house
treated. They had to drill holes in the foundation then fill them in
when they left. They really did a good job treating not only my house
but my storage shed and the ground where I had a woodpile and an old
rotting stump. 8 years latter I did it myself. I had a friend in the
business get the Termidor for me and I reapplied it myself. The
Termidor cost about $100.The Termidor not only got rid of the termites
but also all the other creapy crawlies including ants and crickets and
roaches.

Super roach motel, Spray(soaking wet) a paper mache egg carton with
Termidor and place it where the roaches go.

Jimmie