Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Reinsulate attic?

wrote:
On Mar 16, 11:49 am, wrote:
On Mar 16, 11:27 am, wrote:

Bought a small brick Colonial last June.

Attic has blown-in fiberglass between the joists on the floor. The
joists are covered with plywood.

I want to keep using the attic for storage, but I also want to
insulate it better. Also, the fiberglass fill seems to generate lots
of unpleasant dust.

If it's covered with a plywood floor, where is the dust coming from?
Are you sure it's from the fiberglass?

No, I guess not. I just didn't see any other source of dust, and
maybe I'm paranoid about breathing in fiberglass.

There's dust everywhere. Especially in properly vented attics. What makes you
think the fiberglass has anything to do with it?