Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default any advice on a fridge?

On Mar 18, 8:53*am, wrote:
On Mar 17, 9:29*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:

OK, I think it's time for a new fridge... before I subject myself to the
slick talking salesmen at the local appliance emporium, can anyone
recommend any particular brands/models that are particularly good or
bad? *I *tried* a web search... dear God are there a lot of fridges on
the market. *Complete and total info overload...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Just a note about reliability. We have a refrige in our breakroom at
work. It was bought in 1938,
and has probably in many homes. It was made by Westinghouse, tiny
little freezer compartment,
and ample room for food stuffs. It stills works, pop and milk are ice
cold. You can hardly hear the
compressor run and start. It was starting to freeze up liquids, so we
determined that the thermostat
was bad. We we going to toss it. Icalled Westinghouse, and asked the
parts man, if by some chance
he might haave a replacement. He poked fun, but he came back, and said
he actually had one,
and was in his hand. 15.00, and she is working again!! * Talk about
the old days!

I would be happy to buy your fridge if it is for sale

My grandparents had an old Servel gas-powered fridge in their
basement, it's probably still working for the new owners of the
house. Only downside was the tiny freezer and having to defrost it
every year.

nate