Posted to alt.home.repair
chrisc[_2_] chrisc[_2_] is offline

Default Water powered backup sump pump with low pressure 35psi

I was looking at installing one of those water powered pumps for a
backup. The manufacturer says to have at least 40 psi. I had the water
company come and check my pressure and it was 35 at the basement
laundry sink. But, I told him that a friend had one installed right
down the street and it worked fine. I asked him if his pressure could
be that much higher and he said it would be the same for the whole
street. Anyone have one of these with lower pressure?