Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default magnetron characteristics?

In article , wrote:
Jerry Peters wrote:
In sci.electronics.repair Steve Daniels wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:11:52 -0700, against all advice, something
compelled Smitty Two , to say:

Huh? Who uses a real email on usenet?

I do. What's the danger, a bit more spam?

A bit more spam? When I got hit with Swen I had several *thousand*
spam emails. That's when I stopped providing a real email address.

Jerry

Why heck, I'm not afraid to put my E-mail address
out there, send me all the Spam you like though
sometimes I prefer Armour Treet.

TDD

I think this email has perked up in spam. I don't see it from another
email cause the filter gets rid of 80-90 % of the mail which is spam.

Getting back to magnetrons, I am trying to fix a microwave.
The diode was replaced and the transformer.
Far as I can tell the cap is good and the diode is still good.
Checked filament on magnetron of about 4 volts. If there
is supposed to be visable light, there is none from the filaments.
I nedd to make sure of the cap and diode, but
anu suggestions are wanted.

I took the microwave home my brother has been replacing
those parts. I put in some water and after 20-30 secs the water was heating.
After that NOTHING heating up. Pretty much sounds the same.