Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Stub Tenon for cabinet door?

Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 17, 2:38 pm, wrote:
I'm making a wall type cabinet and and am ready to make the door. Any
experience with the durability of using a
stub tenon for the frame and panel door? The panel is veneer over a
substrate, so it could be glued to the rails and stiles for increased
rigidity. Or am I just asking for trouble down the line?

Did you read any of the replies?
Good.
Now throw all that advice in the trash.

The panels MUST float. Regardless of material used. If you decide to
glue the panels in place, refer back to this post 2 years mAX down the
road.
YOU NEVER confine a panel within a rail & stile frame. EVER,

Sorry, I can't report back in two years max as my newest glued in plywood or
masonite panels are older than that. Oldest are around 12 years.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...