Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default A Visit From Vido

On Mar 17, 10:36Â*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

Well put, and it is not often we get to read properly executed
linguistic endeavours such as this. Seriously.

Public service and running a business are not compatible... unless
you're Haliburton. G

ONE reason Mitt Romney should never be allowed near the White House.
(That is just one reason. Any man who makes his woman dress up in
funny PJ's to have sex with her is a sick person. Unless it is a clown
suit... of course.)

It's possible for one mindset to learn the methodologies of another. It
gives them an understanding and that's usually a good thing. Some who spend
ALL their lives in government have no concept (i.e., Clinton, Obama, Nixon,
Kennedy, Johnson).

Bush I came from a political family (his father was a U.S. Senator) but
after the war, he came to Texas with a new bride and only a few million in
his jeans, but made good (ever heard of Pennzoil?) in business before
entering politics. Bush II also came from a political family, but did okay
in private business before becoming governor.

Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon were always politicians. Carter had a stint in
the Navy. Excepting Bush I & II, you have to go back to Truman to find
anybody with a business background.

In the case of Romney, he was successful in business, came from a political
family, and was, himself a governor. Many people who leave government go
into private business, often on the boards of major corporations (i.e.,
Gerald Ford).

Government is there to manage and look after our interests, not to
screw us out of our money, right?

No. The purpose of government is to protect, perpetuate, and grow itself. If
you're interested, here's a short list of guardian mindset mandates:

Shun trading
Exert prowess
Be obedient and disciplined
Adhere to tradition
Respect hierarchy
Be loyal
Take vengeance
Deceive for the sake of the task
Make rich use of leisure
Be ostentatious
Dispense largess
Be exclusive
Show fortitude
Be fatalistic
Treasure honor

The commercial mindset is characterized by

Shun force
Come to voluntary agreements
Be honest
Collaborate easily with strangers and aliens
Compete
Respect contracts
Use initiative and enterprise
Be open to inventiveness and novelty
Be efficient
Promote comfort and convenience
Dissent for the sake of the task
Invest for productive purposes
Be industrious
Be thrifty
Be optimistic

Encourage trading
Exert prowess
Be obedient and disciplined
Adhere to tradition
Respect hierarchy
Be loyal
Do NOT take vengeance
Deceive for the sake of the task NEVER
Make rich use of leisure
Be ostentatious NOT
Dispense largess NOT
Be exclusive
Show fortitude
Be fatalistic NO
Treasure honor

The commercial mindset is characterized by
Shun force . USE force. You got it. make it work...in the right place
Come to voluntary agreements
Be honest
Collaborate easily with strangers and aliens
Compete ۬Respect contracts
Use initiative and enterprise
Be open to inventiveness and novelty
Be efficient
Promote comfort and convenience
Dissent for the sake of the task. NO! Dissent when appropriate.
Invest for productive purposes
Be industrious
Be thrifty
Be optimistic

Hell yes to all of the above, including the ones I corrected G
The last three are ultra huge!