Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Stub Tenon for cabinet door?

wrote in message
..

I have been down that road, I prefer to save time and have a tighter
fitting
panel using the TS.

It just so happens 1/4" baltic birch plus veneer on one side fits in
there just right, which on a small panel works fine. I suspect
undersized 1/4" ply with veneer on both sides would fit pretty well
too, haven't tried it. Usually I do a flat solid panel and just drum
sand it to fit.

-Kevin

Well drum sanding panels to fit can take a while, especially if you have
20-30 or so do. I still prefer to simply cut the grove to the exact needed
thickness. Much faster and a for sure perfect fit.