Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default another example of "Strong Government"?

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:57:28 -0700, pyotr filipivich wrote:
Let the Record show that Jim Wilkins on or about
Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:23:54 -0700 (PDT) did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Mar 16, 4:18*pm, pyotr filipivich wrote:

* * * * Any entity which is big enough to supply all your needs, is big
enough to determine what those needs are.

* * * * Just think back to the back to school shopping expeditions when
you were in high school. *Who was buying the clothes you would need?
Your mom. *And what was she buying? *Not necessarily what you thought
was cool, but what she thought was nice.

I doubt there's a better example of this than the military. They
attend to all your "needs", by their definition, and ask of you only
what you are capable of, again by their definition.

But not everybody got a uniform issue. Everybody had a mother buy
them clothes.

My Mom bought me my Boy Scout uniform. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich