Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Fake reviews on Amazon?

"Ignoramus11638" wrote in message
news
I am looking at this book:

http://www.amazon.com/You-Can-Never-...82617&sr= 8-1

While I have not read it, it does not seem like it could be a
groundbreaking book in any respects, and most likely is complete crap
that is written to sell more services provided by this guy (and this
guess can be completely wrong and maybe this is a new discovery on how
dummies can get wealthy).

My question is, how likely is this book to have such a good review
rating that would be genuine?

I can offer several suggestions. First all of the reviews seem to be good,
and if some one relied on the positive reviews and thought the book really
sucked they could write a negative review. This may help in determining the
credibility of the Amazon reviews.

You can check the book out of the library for free, and risk no money.

You can buy a used copy cheap and risk very little if the book sucks.

You can look at the recommended reading list on Bob Brinker's web site:
http://www.bobbrinker.com/books.asp

He does not have it on his list which could mean that he has not read the
book or it could mean that he has not deemed it worthy or that the books he
does recommend cover the concepts better.

(My personal opinion is that Brinker is a sharp cookie and a straight
shooter FWIW)

Good luck

--
Roger Shoaf