Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default another example of "Strong Government"?

"Stuart Fields" wrote in message

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Stuart Fields wrote:

How about the Ultralight pilot?
That's just your type certification. The rest is the same.

Hey JC: The Ultralight pilot does not have a license. And while I
have always been responsible for my passenger's behavior, is this going
to statisfy the TSA? If I'm a charter pilot, I don't necessarily know
my passenger's background. Am I responsible for clearing them?

Wait a minute, Stuart...

Ultralights - real honest to FAR 103.7 ultralights - are single seat
only.

If you are flying an "ultralight" with two seats, you are already
illegal
as hell!

Actually he's just full of it period.
He's got to register the thing.
A charter pilot will have a part 135 or 141 ticket.IOW-FOS.

JC

JC You must not be a pilot.

I am.
Single and multi engine land. I was flying before you had to be instrument
rated to get the multi rating and had a 310-UA before I solo'd.
The price was right and I liked the plane.
I'm not current in anything at the moment and flying in California is such a
PIA that I won't likely bother.

1. Ultralights are NOT registered. They are not considered by the FAA as
aircraft but as motor vehicles and do not require registration. I have a
bunch of experience with the Popular Rotorcraft Association and have
personal knowledge of numerous Legal Ultralight devices that are not
registered anywhere with anyone. 2. I can fly paying passengers in a
light aircraft with a commercial pilots license in an aircraft not operated
under either the part 135 or 141. Also as I told cavelamb, the Inyokern
airport has commercial airline operations. An ultralight has landed there
and was even based there being operated by an individual without a pilot's
license as the pilot's license is NOT required for the operation of an
Ultralight. I have a pilot's license with both fixed and rotory wing
ratings.

Ah, so your one of those crazy *******sG
It's unnatural to have your wing whizzing around in circles.
Robinson is right down the street from me and I get a kick out of watching
IP's trying to teach their students.
That's about as dangerous as it gets.

I've been involved in aviation since the late 50's and have never heard
that the FBI does background checks on people with a pilot's license. Do
you have a reference for this?

Every licensed pilot was run after 9-11. I don't know the criteria.
You must remember how long it was before private aviation came back to life.
Anyway, you guys and your ultralights ought to be getting your gas at Mobil
stations. You do burn Avgas don't you?

JC