Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Statistics for alt.machines.cnc, 16 Mar 2009

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

It's not the first time he's had second thoughts about how health care
works. We'll see what he thinks when he gets back.

I hope he gets back. Darn sad news if it is true Gunner went back in.

I noticed that our current commander in chief, wants private insurance
companies to cover
veterans with service connected needs in order to save money. That is so
wrong on so many
levels.

Ultimately we, the taxpayers, have to honor that debt but passing in
though private
companies is wrong. An example of now government sponsored health
programs has distorted
the health care market. In the later case by forcing discounts instead of
just raising
taxes to pay for it. I guess that model is what Obama wants to use in the
case of
veterans.

I don't get it. I would have thought you'd favor a privatization scheme.

The idea behind it is something I'm not following, but I suspect it's part
of a larger plan. Obama makes a point that private insurers who cover vets
are getting a "free ride." I don't quite follow that, either, but having
worked with the unsurance industry from the other end, with them as
customers, it wouldn't surprise me. In my experience, they're in exactly the
same league as investment bankers, only they screw with peoples' health as
well as their money.

Today, I can honestly say I have more respect for James Earl Carter as
President than Mr.
Obama. I served in the military under Carter. I'm not a big fan of
President Carter but
he was a serving member the military. If he had not left the military on
the death of his
father to manage the family business after honoring his military
obligation he would have
likely been a serving line officer in short time. I seriously doubt
President Carter
would have proposed this damnable dishonoring of promises made.

Again, I don't get what you're upset about. The way I read the plan, it just
switches private insurers to being the primaries. Are you suggesting that
uninsured vets wouldn't be covered under the VA, as secondaries?

--
Ed Huntress