Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default Sony Bravia TV...What should I do??

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:21:07 -0600, msg wrote:

:William Sommerwerck wrote:
:
: "Ron" wrote in message
: news :
:William Sommerwerck wrote:
:
:
:It's not immediately clear how miswiring the power cord could damage the
:set.
:There is no "polarity", per se, to AC,
:
:
:There is 'polarity' if it has an earth wire and the op connected mains
:live to the sets ground.
:
:
: My point was that it's not like reversing + and -. Why would reversing hot
: and neutral damage anything?
:
:
:
:Everyone responding seems to assume that the power cord is AC mains; some sets
such as my Polaroid LCD2000) use a power brick and a DC cable to the set; the
:O.P. may have miswired that cable after cutting it if the set is DC powered.
:
:Michael

I don't know of any Sony Bravia LCD TV which is powered by anything but ac mains
power. My Bravia certainly is.