Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Recasting a broken small nylon gear

Russell Warren wrote:
These guys make getting custom parts pretty easy by providing you with
simple/free CAD software and taking you all the way through to getting
a part. No need to be a fully set up mech eng.

http://www.emachineshop.com

The simple example posted on their site is actually a gear...
http://www.emachineshop.com/machine-...re/page17.html

Russ

One of the places I was thinking of when I mentioned many resources
available...if you have the drawing. IMO, it would be a little
difficult to draw a gear with their software (at least the version I
looked at a couple of years ago); but not impossible.

Otherwise, their site, software and their business is pretty amazing.
They'll build you *anything*--out of almost any material--as long as you
can spec' it accurately enough.

Well worth downloading their application just to play with....

jak