Posted to sci.electronics.repair
beon beon is offline

Default Toshiba 65HC85

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 09:47:40 -0500, "beon" put finger
to keyboard and composed:

Chassis TAC505

Can someone provide me the deflection IC's part number? I presume it is
an
STK variety. Also, the plastic outer screen is damaged. Wondering about
replacement cost and if the outer surface is a separate piece from the
lense
itself. A ballpark estimate would be helpful.

Thanks.

As much as I detest paying for them, a service manual is available for
US$6.50 in PDF format:
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOSHIBA-65HC15-6...ZTel evisions

Otherwise there is this incomplete parts list:
http://www.encompassparts.com/models/?TBA65HC85

Maybe you could contact ...

http://www.encompassparts.com/contact.asp

... and submit a Parts Research Request.

FWIW, other models that appear to use the same chassis are 51HC85,
57HC85, and 65HC15.

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks for the effort. I don't plan on getting the manual unless I intend
to repair it. And the customer now appears more interested in buying a used
set of another brand, much like his, for less than the repair cost.