Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jo[_4_] Jo[_4_] is offline

Default NiMH batteries in a 2-way radio

I've been searching for a two-way radio (walkie talkie) and I've found
one I really like. This particular one works on three AAA alkaline
batteries. For $10 more I can get the same radio but with rechargeable
NiMH batteries and a recharger. The recharger just plugs right into
the radio. Since I already have rechargeable batteries I figured I'd
get the cheaper one without the recharger. I was looking at the
instructions and it says this: Only use our NiMH battery.
Does that mean I'm only supposed to use their NiMH battery if I'm
using the recharger? Or does it mean I shouldn't use any NiMH battery
at all? I don't see why there would be a problem if I charge my
batteries in my own separate charger then use them in the radio. I
contacted customer service but I really don't trust any customer
service representatives to give me an honest answer. They're just paid
to say whatever will make the company more money.