Posted to rec.woodworking
Len Len is offline

Default Melamine sheets at Home Depot

"CW" wrote in message
:
: On 16-Mar-2009, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
:
: (Doug Miller) wrote
:
: The HD near me used to carry melamine particle board in 3/4" x
49 x 97
: sheets, but I can't find it there any more -- and trying to
find an
: employee who knows what I'm talking about, well.... HD's web
site
: isn't any help, either.
:
: Anybody know what their stock number is for that stuff?
:
:
: My local HD got rid of their 4x8 panels last fall. However,
Menards still
: carries them.
:
: It appears that we're all assuming we know exactly that the OP's
talking
: about. Perhaps he needs to clarify. When he says "particle board"
that
: could mean paneling -- but only if it's 1/8" thick (or so) and not
3/4" thick.
: I assumed, because of the thickness that he's talking about MDF.
But it
: could be that he does mean paneling and that his dimensions are
off....
:
: Once upon a time..
: I ran across sheets of 3/4" MDF (clad 2 sides in melamine) at
Lowes.
: I'd never seen it in stock before. It seemed like it'd save time.
: figured I'd use it for table tops, cabinets, shelves, etc for the
: shop/garage." And so I bought a couple sheets. Since then, I've
used
: it for fixtures, wheeled cabinets, and various cross-cut sleds as
well.

Actually, I've never seen this stuff in HD. Any time I needed some I
always got it at Lowe's.

Len