Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electronic pest repellents - how do they work?

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 03:09:05 -0700 (PDT), "Mike S."
wrote:

Does anyone know how those electronic pest repellents are supposed to
work? My grandparents have two different ones at their house to repel
ants. The one in the kitchen certainly doesn't do a thing to repel the
ants but it sure makes me want to leave. That thing keeps making
annoying, sort of high-pitched sounds. No one else hears it except for
me. I'm wondering if it's making a frequency that only people under 30
can hear. I ended up having to unplug it because it was so annoying
and everyone thought I was crazy. So it makes me wonder how those
things are supposed to keep bugs away. I didn't think people were
supposed to be able to hear them.

No need to buy the pest repellents--playing Jimi Hendrix CDs will work
as well.