Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Melamine sheets at Home Depot

CW wrote:
On 16-Mar-2009, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

(Doug Miller) wrote

The HD near me used to carry melamine particle board in 3/4" x 49 x
97 sheets, but I can't find it there any more -- and trying to find
an employee who knows what I'm talking about, well.... HD's web site
isn't any help, either.

Anybody know what their stock number is for that stuff?

My local HD got rid of their 4x8 panels last fall. However, Menards
still carries them.

It appears that we're all assuming we know exactly that the OP's
talking about. Perhaps he needs to clarify. When he says "particle
board" that could mean paneling -- but only if it's 1/8" thick (or
so) and not 3/4" thick. I assumed, because of the thickness that he's
talking about MDF. But it
could be that he does mean paneling and that his dimensions are
off....

Once upon a time..
I ran across sheets of 3/4" MDF (clad 2 sides in melamine) at Lowes.
I'd never seen it in stock before. It seemed like it'd save time. I
figured I'd use it for table tops, cabinets, shelves, etc for the
shop/garage." And so I bought a couple sheets. Since then, I've used
it for fixtures, wheeled cabinets, and various cross-cut sleds as
well.

Last time I was in Home Depot they had a stack of 4x8 sheets of 3/4 inch
particle board, not MDF, with melamine on both sides. It was right next to
the UV maple plywood and the cut sheets.

Now, finding melamine faced MDF around here is another story . . .