Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Melamine sheets at Home Depot

Chris Friesen wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
Chris Friesen wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
The HD near me used to carry melamine particle board in 3/4" x 49
x 97 sheets, but I can't find it there any more -- and trying to
find an employee who knows what I'm talking about, well.... HD's
web site isn't any help, either.

Anybody know what their stock number is for that stuff?
No, but they may be confused by the word "melamine". I went in to
buy a couple sheets of laminate, asked where they were and they
showed me the melamine PB. Try asking for "laminate".
Melamine PB is a low-pressure laminate, while Formica and the like
are high-pressure laminate.

Chris

Yes, I know. I didn't want the mel board, wanted laminate...my
point was that the HD employee thought mel board was laminate;
therefore, it is possible that...

Oh, nevermind

I know what you meant, I'm just not sure it would help. If I asked
for "laminate" I'd be worried about being pointed to the flooring
department.

Well, if you are you are. Won't be the last time you'll wander all over a
Home Depot looking for something that nobody can find.

Wanted a particular kind of Y hose fitting one day. Went into Lowes,
everybody I asked referred me to a different department, finally the manager
told me that they didn't have such a thing. So I went out to the car,
cranked up my laptop, ordered it online from that store, had lunch, went
back after lunch, and they had it waiting for me.