Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] LEGEND65@yahoo.com is offline

Default Melamine sheets at Home Depot

On Mar 16, 4:45 pm, "CW" wrote:
On 16-Mar-2009, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

(Doug Miller) wrote

The HD near me used to carry melamine particle board in 3/4" x 49 x 97
sheets, but I can't find it there any more -- and trying to find an
employee who knows what I'm talking about, well.... HD's web site
isn't any help, either.

Anybody know what their stock number is for that stuff?

My local HD got rid of their 4x8 panels last fall. However, Menards still
carries them.

It appears that we're all assuming we know exactly that the OP's talking
about. Perhaps he needs to clarify. When he says "particle board" that
could mean paneling -- but only if it's 1/8" thick (or so) and not 3/4" thick.
I assumed, because of the thickness that he's talking about MDF. But it
could be that he does mean paneling and that his dimensions are off....

It's not MDF and it is 3/4" thick. It's the particle board that you
find under the pictures of wood in crappy furniture. The HD's around
here have always had it, at least in the 2'x4' quarter sheets, never
looked for the full sheets. But then I haven't been in there in a
couple years.

-Kevin