Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Melamine sheets at Home Depot

CW wrote:

It appears that we're all assuming we know exactly that the OP's talking
about. Perhaps he needs to clarify. When he says "particle board" that
could mean paneling -- but only if it's 1/8" thick (or so) and not 3/4" thick.
I assumed, because of the thickness that he's talking about MDF. But it
could be that he does mean paneling and that his dimensions are off....

Particleboard is available in a range of thicknesses, 3/4" is a common
size. Wikipedia has a decent article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_board

MDF and particleboard are both available in a wide range of panel sizes
and thicknesses. Around here, melamine-covered panels (for use in
kitchen cabinets, for instance) are generally made from particleboard,
not MDF.

Chris