Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Malcolm Moore Malcolm Moore is offline

Default SKF bearing information

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:25:54 -0700, "Stuart Fields"
wrote:

"David Billington" wrote in message
.. .

A direct link to the page I get for a 6203 is
http://www.skf.com/skf/productcatalo...did=1050010203

The actual drawing bit is

http://www.skf.com/skf/productcatalo...alse&lang =en

David: I tried both links and still can't find the fillet radius call outs.
There are no arrows indicating the radius on the inner or outer races that
have to interface with the shaft or housing. I get some funny numbers
expressed as numbers like: 1,6 I have never experienced this numbering
system before. My MRC Engineering handbook is much easier to negotiate. I
can't imagine that it should be this hard to navigate thru their catalog. I
must be doing something wrong that I can't find.

Many europeans express a decimal point by using a comma. In your
example above 1,6 is the same as 1.6
On the SKF site there is no arrow designating a radius, the "r" is
merely near the designated edge.

Looking at
http://www.skf.com/skf/productcatalogue/Forwarder?action=PPP&lang=en&imperial=false&window Name=null&perfid=105001&prodid=1050010203
for the 6303, I would interpret the left hand drawing as relating to
the bearing itself, and the right hand as relating to the housing &
shaft.
If that is correct, your housing & shaft should both have a max radius
of 0.6mm whereas the bearing has a maXx of 1.2. This will ensure there
is always a positive clearance.
HTH.

--
Regards