Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default SKF bearing information

On 2009-03-16, Stuart Fields wrote:

"David Billington" wrote in message

[ ... ]

I'm not sure you'll actually find the shaft dimensions but the bearing
details give the min radius for the bearing races so that'll determine
your shaft dims. Regarding getting to the data I just went to where I
normally go which is deep groove ballbearings such as
http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/p...&newlink=1_1_7
, click on "dimensions" link and you get a list of bearings, click on the
one you're looking for and you'll get a drawing with details such as OD,
ID, radii etc. As regards the e7, c6 etc do a search for "limits and fits"
as that info pertains to the shaft and housing diameter not the radius
you're looking for, the fits control how the bearing fits its housing and
the shaft it is fitted too, these details effect how the bearing in held
by the shaft and housing and also the internal running clearances of the
bearing.

David: I must be having a software problem. I tried your path and did not
get a drawing, but there was an open space that looked like there might be a
drawing allocated there. We acquired a couple of high speed, high
resolution (64 bit processors) machines that were used to produce some of
the special effects of Star Wars. I have had problems getting some of the
Flash Players to work with the 64 bit processors.
We have another couple of 32 bit computers here. I will have to find some
time to try it on one of those.

O.K. Looking at the site, you need to both have javascript
turned on (I have it turned off by default, but can turn it on on a
site-by-site basis), and you need to enable "popups" in general for the
site as well. The usual selection of "block unwanted popups" kills what
it offers.

I'm using Opera as a browser on a 64-bit UltraSPARC machine from
Sun, FWIW. Whether you have that kind of control on a site-by-site
basis with your browser I don't know. It appears that you're running
Windows, so I can't predict what you'll get.

Flash (which works fine on the 64-bit UltraSPARC as long as they
don't upgrade the version again) is not needed for this site.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564