Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default Talked with DoN

On 16 Mar 2009 01:46:44 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

Yes, but *what* *happened*?

Surgery to replace cataracts.

FWIW There are some fascinating color patterns in the eye during the
surgery. I wish that there were some way to record them.

Yes, you are alert during the whole surgery, as you need to be
able to move the eye at commands -- but you feel nothing, and are given
something via an IV tube to keep you from getting anxious I think. I
personally found it fascinating. Something like fifteen minutes total.

Boy, your cataract surgery was different than mine. They gave me the
IV and the next thing I remember was they said it was time to get up.
I said - "you haven't done anything yet", and they said - "you're
done!" I "slept" through both of them. Mine only took about 3
minutes per eye, but they were early cataracts, so it was probably
easier to liquefy the old lens.

I finally got around to getting bifocal safety glasses a week or so
ago. The surgery was about 2 years ago.

RWL