Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Fields Stuart Fields is offline

Default SKF bearing information

"David Billington" wrote in message
Stuart Fields wrote:
"David Billington" wrote in message

Stuart Fields wrote:

"David Billington" wrote in message

Stuart Fields wrote:

I'm trying to find SKF bearing information such as the fillet radius
for the housing and shafts. To date I've been pushed thru a
membership process with names and passwords that seems to fail all
the time. I have other bearing catalogs that are easy access. Is
there a bearing cross reference that I can use to avoid SKF and their
mystical catalog process?

What site are you looking at because I can access all bearing
information I've looked at so far at http://www.skf.com . Selecting a
bearing gives me a drawing and dimensions including corner radii with
no need to long in.

David: Thanks for the response. I accessed the same site, selected
rolling bearings and input the number I took right off the bearing:
6203/C3. I get a table of numbers referenced to some d, c,e, fs with
no drawing to connect these numbers to the actual bearing. Further
when I selec shaft tolerances, where I would expect to see the fillet
radius information, I get some e7, c6 statements that I can't relate to
thousandsths or any other. I've yet to find the recommended fillet
radius for the 6203 bearing. Can you list the particular path that
you took to get a bearing with a drawing defining the numbering system
they are using?
I've down loaded another bearing catalog: MRC Engineering Handbook
and the numbers just jump out at me with minimal searching.

Stuart,

I'm not sure you'll actually find the shaft dimensions but the bearing
details give the min radius for the bearing races so that'll determine
your shaft dims. Regarding getting to the data I just went to where I
normally go which is deep groove ballbearings such as
http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/p...&newlink=1_1_7 ,
click on "dimensions" link and you get a list of bearings, click on the
one you're looking for and you'll get a drawing with details such as
OD, ID, radii etc. As regards the e7, c6 etc do a search for "limits and
fits" as that info pertains to the shaft and housing diameter not the
radius you're looking for, the fits control how the bearing fits its
housing and the shaft it is fitted too, these details effect how the
bearing in held by the shaft and housing and also the internal running
clearances of the bearing.

David: I must be having a software problem. I tried your path and did
not get a drawing, but there was an open space that looked like there
might be a drawing allocated there. We acquired a couple of high
speed, high resolution (64 bit processors) machines that were used to
produce some of the special effects of Star Wars. I have had problems
getting some of the Flash Players to work with the 64 bit processors.
We have another couple of 32 bit computers here. I will have to find
some time to try it on one of those.
Thanks for the help. I don't know if I would have come to this point
without your assistance.

A direct link to the page I get for a 6203 is
http://www.skf.com/skf/productcatalo...did=1050010203

The actual drawing bit is

http://www.skf.com/skf/productcatalo...alse&lang =en

David: I tried both links and still can't find the fillet radius call outs.
There are no arrows indicating the radius on the inner or outer races that
have to interface with the shaft or housing. I get some funny numbers
expressed as numbers like: 1,6 I have never experienced this numbering
system before. My MRC Engineering handbook is much easier to negotiate. I
can't imagine that it should be this hard to navigate thru their catalog. I
must be doing something wrong that I can't find.