Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Fields Stuart Fields is offline

Default SKF bearing information

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
In article ,
"Stuart Fields" wrote:

"David Billington" wrote in message
Stuart Fields wrote:
I'm trying to find SKF bearing information such as the fillet radius
for
the housing and shafts. To date I've been pushed thru a membership
process with names and passwords that seems to fail all the time. I
have
other bearing catalogs that are easy access. Is there a bearing cross
reference that I can use to avoid SKF and their mystical catalog
process?

What site are you looking at because I can access all bearing
information
I've looked at so far at http://www.skf.com . Selecting a bearing gives
me
a drawing and dimensions including corner radii with no need to long
in.

David: Thanks for the response. I accessed the same site, selected
rolling bearings and input the number I took right off the bearing:
6203/C3. I get a table of numbers referenced to some d, c,e, fs with no
drawing to connect these numbers to the actual bearing. Further when I
selec shaft tolerances, where I would expect to see the fillet radius
information, I get some e7, c6 statements that I can't relate to
thousandsths or any other. I've yet to find the recommended fillet
radius
for the 6203 bearing. Can you list the particular path that you took to
get a bearing with a drawing defining the numbering system they are
using?
I've down loaded another bearing catalog: MRC Engineering Handbook and
the
numbers just jump out at me with minimal searching.

What browsers are the two of you using? I run into this all the time.
A site that looks crippled or empty in one browser works differently and
better with some other kind of browser.

Joe Gwinn

Joe: I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer. www.excite.com

Stu