Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default another example of "Strong Government"?

Let the Record show that "Stuart Fields" on or about
Mon, 16 Mar 2009 07:08:25 -0700 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Stuart Fields" wrote:

Interesting piece of information:
http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=17736

Getting rid of the secret ballot for union organizing. Will secret voting
in general
elections be next? I wonder where the ACLU stands on this?

Wes

--

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

Another example is the TSA wants all people that have access to the flight
ramp at airports where commercial operations occur, to have a background
check and a pass. This means if I land there to get fuel and I am on the
ramp to go to the toilet, get oil, use the phone I have to have a background
check and a pass. Crop dusters that also disperse fire retardants and use
several different airports during fire season would also be required to have
a background check and a pass. This is an example of a bureacrat with
little to no competency in the field that he is able to write regulations on
coming out with something so stupid it is unbelievable.
Yeah Large Strong Government is just the answer to our problems. It is not
hard at all to find example, after example that parallels the above bit of
stupidity. It bears repeating: Any time you have a group whose continued
existence does not depend on their competency, you have a high probability
of generating the kind of behavior often seen in government. Arrogance,
stupidity and the waving of power for power's sake.

Any entity which is big enough to supply all your needs, is big
enough to determine what those needs are.

Just think back to the back to school shopping expeditions when
you were in high school. Who was buying the clothes you would need?
Your mom. And what was she buying? Not necessarily what you thought
was cool, but what she thought was nice.

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!