Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default My Crumbling Porch

Elam wrote:
Hi all,

I have a crumbing porch. First, a couple of pictures:

http://param.us/porch/porch1.jpg
http://param.us/porch/porch2.jpg

Now, I have zero experience with concrete, hence the question marks.
I'm assuming that I need to chisel/remove the damaged cinder blocks
( pretty much all of them ), one at a time, fit a new one in, and slap
mortar in between the top slab and the porch cap. Or, instead of
mortaring the gap, find a suitable replacement cinder block. Is this
correct? If so, is there a preferred method? ie do I start from
foundation base and work my way around counter/clockwise?

And should what about stability? The mortar is pretty deteriorated
around the entire porch. Is there a way to support the porch(stakes
etc) while I complete repairs?

Any advice is much appreciated.

I wouldn't fool with rebuilding the steps. You can get ready-made concrete
steps - in almost any size and shape - from lawn dealers and others.

Simply move out the old and set the new product in place.