Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Steve is offline

Default Satellite alignment. Got Astra 1 but want Astra 2

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi. I'm new to satellites and am doing a DIY installation.

But I want 'Astra 2' at 28.2E and can't find it. My satellite-finder
meter give a very strong signal for the Astra 1s but reducing the
elevation and going east a few degrees gives only a weak signal the
receiver doesn't recognise.

..
cut
..
Steve

Thanks to everyone. If anyone is still reading this thread, the problem is
now solved.
When I got the receiver it was pre-loaded with the transponder data
(frequencies etc.) for a wide range of satellites. But some were completely
wrong - the pre-loaded Astra 1 transponder data (for both 19.2E and 23.5E)
were in fact the Astra 2 data!!! This is how I apparently could pick up 2
satellites at once - I was actually picking up the Astra 2 transponmders all
along, but the receiver falsely identified some as Astra1F (23.5) and some
as Astra 1F(19.2). The Astra 2 data was all wrong.
With the correct transponder data against the correct satellite description,
it now works a treat.
Thanks again.
Steve