Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bizarre new fridge noise

I'm remembering one refrig I repaired. They had done a heck
of a job of building the fridge into the house. Cabinets
overhead, tile in front, and the island or counter was so
close, there wasn't enough room to get the fridge out even
if you tried. I had them cut some drywall behind the fridge,
which was along the stairs to the cellar. I was then able to
get the start components off the compressor, and put the
start boost kit on. It was a one of a kind repair, for sure.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Chris Metzler"
wrote in
message

We bought the house about two years ago; the fridge came
with.
We didn't notice (or it didn't make an impression on us) at
the
time, but 1) this unit isn't on rollers (no idea why this
is),
and 2) the kitchen floor is tiled thickly up to but not
including
the cubbyhole where the fridge is. So in addition to
rocking it
back and forth to get it out, I've gotta get it up and onto
this
tile without damaging the tile edges. Some thick newspapers
might be enough for the latter, I dunno.