Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

Default VCR video playback problem

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Yes. The tapes are good, or at least can't ALL be bad.

I think he means they're dirty and/or shedding.

I have seen this with failing video heads. Repeated clogging. On one I even
saw a small "whisker" protruding from the coil wire of the head chip.
Actually built up a pile of the finest tape oxide shavings you could
imagine. Obviously, a new video head was required.

Seems unlikely this would be cost-effective for the Zenith in question
however, even if the part were available.

Mark Z.