Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Fields Stuart Fields is offline

Default SKF bearing information

"David Billington" wrote in message
Stuart Fields wrote:
"David Billington" wrote in message

Stuart Fields wrote:

I'm trying to find SKF bearing information such as the fillet radius
for the housing and shafts. To date I've been pushed thru a membership
process with names and passwords that seems to fail all the time. I
have other bearing catalogs that are easy access. Is there a bearing
cross reference that I can use to avoid SKF and their mystical catalog
process?

What site are you looking at because I can access all bearing
information I've looked at so far at http://www.skf.com . Selecting a
bearing gives me a drawing and dimensions including corner radii with no
need to long in.

David: Thanks for the response. I accessed the same site, selected
rolling bearings and input the number I took right off the bearing:
6203/C3. I get a table of numbers referenced to some d, c,e, fs with no
drawing to connect these numbers to the actual bearing. Further when I
selec shaft tolerances, where I would expect to see the fillet radius
information, I get some e7, c6 statements that I can't relate to
thousandsths or any other. I've yet to find the recommended fillet
radius for the 6203 bearing. Can you list the particular path that you
took to get a bearing with a drawing defining the numbering system they
are using?
I've down loaded another bearing catalog: MRC Engineering Handbook and
the numbers just jump out at me with minimal searching.

Stuart,

I'm not sure you'll actually find the shaft dimensions but the bearing
details give the min radius for the bearing races so that'll determine
your shaft dims. Regarding getting to the data I just went to where I
normally go which is deep groove ballbearings such as
http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/p...&newlink=1_1_7
, click on "dimensions" link and you get a list of bearings, click on the
one you're looking for and you'll get a drawing with details such as OD,
ID, radii etc. As regards the e7, c6 etc do a search for "limits and fits"
as that info pertains to the shaft and housing diameter not the radius
you're looking for, the fits control how the bearing fits its housing and
the shaft it is fitted too, these details effect how the bearing in held
by the shaft and housing and also the internal running clearances of the
bearing.

David: I must be having a software problem. I tried your path and did not
get a drawing, but there was an open space that looked like there might be a
drawing allocated there. We acquired a couple of high speed, high
resolution (64 bit processors) machines that were used to produce some of
the special effects of Star Wars. I have had problems getting some of the
Flash Players to work with the 64 bit processors.
We have another couple of 32 bit computers here. I will have to find some
time to try it on one of those.
Thanks for the help. I don't know if I would have come to this point
without your assistance.