ELAhrens

Default Brad Nailer recommendations?

I will agree on the Senco but after that I have to say PC. I have no
experience with Hitachi or Makita nailers.
I have two PC nailers now, a DA250B 15ga angle finish nailer and a BN125
18ga straight brad nailer (never seen a 18 angle). I use both quite a lot
but I'm planning on getting rid of the 18ga and get a Senco FP25XP 18ga
finish nailer. One of the problems with the PC as well as most others is
they keep on firing without nails, also the PC's require a few drops of oil
which may cause problems with the wood finish - this has never happened to
me, however. The Senco FP25XP is oilless and won't fire without brads in the
slide. Another advantage of the Senco is the range of length of brads -
5/8's to 2-1/8". My PC BN125 is 5/8 to 1-1/4 (The BN200 is 3/4 - 2" and the
DA250 is 1 to 2-1/2). The Senco FP25XP ain't cheap though, around $150.
There are 18 ga brad nailers cheaper - but are they in the long run? My PC
BN125 was around $80 and while it has done fine, I'm going to switch.

See the Senco FP25XP here http://tinyurl.com/raqi

Good hunting, Erik

"Lawrence A. Ramsey" wrote in message
news
Senco, Hitachi, Makita, in that order. But it could be changed and it
would not hurt my feelings.

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:26:26 GMT, "Bob Davis"
wrote:

I've never owned one, but I am sure getting the "wants". So I've started
reading the reviews and learning about the brands. It seems that

misfiring
is an ailment that affects some of the nailers. If you have any

experience,
especially heavy day in-day out type making a living with one of these
devices, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Bob