Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stabbing outlets in the back

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
Apropos recent threads here about "back-stabbed" outlets, a data point:

New client, big multi-million-dollar house high up in the Berkeley/Oakland
hills, less than 15 years old, very well built, client has good
relationship with builder.

All outlets are wired through back-wire connections (*not* screw
connections). Client reports no electrical problems.

Maybe this isn't so bad as some people make it sound. It certainly seems
to be the preference of a lot of electricians who want to get the place
wired up fast.

For myself, I will continue to use the screw terminals, as I don't have to
meet any kind of schedule in my work.

*The problems with the back-stabbed outlets usually show up on circuits with
a good load on them. On circuits where there is little load a problem may
never occur. The same thing can happen with screw terminals though it
usually takes much longer to manifest itself.