Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default New Ridgid Tablesaw

On Mar 13, 6:00*pm, "CW" wrote:
Has anyone checked out the new *contractor's* tablesaw from Ridgid?
I saw it today when I was at HD.

It looks like it's supposed to replace the old cast iron TS3650. * Did I
mention
it's GRANITE topped! *(I'm a newbie, so I found that a tad impressive....)
It's also got a new fence system & redesigned Herc-U-Lift.

Didn't have time to give it more than a passing look/see but one thing
I did notice was the top was already chipped.

Hmmmm....

It certainly looks like a fine saw. The granite top makes a whole lot
of sense, although I worry a bit about the t-track.
But a properly selected slab of granite is some tough. Any wee pits
and chips are easily filled and levelled.