Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default SKF bearing information

Stuart Fields wrote:
"David Billington" wrote in message

Stuart Fields wrote:

I'm trying to find SKF bearing information such as the fillet radius for
the housing and shafts. To date I've been pushed thru a membership
process with names and passwords that seems to fail all the time. I have
other bearing catalogs that are easy access. Is there a bearing cross
reference that I can use to avoid SKF and their mystical catalog process?

What site are you looking at because I can access all bearing information
I've looked at so far at http://www.skf.com . Selecting a bearing gives me
a drawing and dimensions including corner radii with no need to long in.

David: Thanks for the response. I accessed the same site, selected
rolling bearings and input the number I took right off the bearing:
6203/C3. I get a table of numbers referenced to some d, c,e, fs with no
drawing to connect these numbers to the actual bearing. Further when I
selec shaft tolerances, where I would expect to see the fillet radius
information, I get some e7, c6 statements that I can't relate to
thousandsths or any other. I've yet to find the recommended fillet radius
for the 6203 bearing. Can you list the particular path that you took to
get a bearing with a drawing defining the numbering system they are using?
I've down loaded another bearing catalog: MRC Engineering Handbook and the
numbers just jump out at me with minimal searching.

Stuart,

I'm not sure you'll actually find the shaft dimensions but the bearing
details give the min radius for the bearing races so that'll determine
your shaft dims. Regarding getting to the data I just went to where I
normally go which is deep groove ballbearings such as
http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/p...&newlink=1_1_7
, click on "dimensions" link and you get a list of bearings, click on
the one you're looking for and you'll get a drawing with details such
as OD, ID, radii etc. As regards the e7, c6 etc do a search for "limits
and fits" as that info pertains to the shaft and housing diameter not
the radius you're looking for, the fits control how the bearing fits its
housing and the shaft it is fitted too, these details effect how the
bearing in held by the shaft and housing and also the internal running
clearances of the bearing.