JK

Default DIY damp injection

BigWallop wrote:
"JK" wrote in message
Part of my flat always feels colder and damper than the rest. It
has no cavity in the walls and they always feel cold. I don't have
any rising damp, but there was some penetrating damp last year until
I discovered where it came from, and the walls pretty much dried
out. But it still feels sort of clammy in there. I was wondering
about hiring the kit and injecting the walls with that fluid
(whatever it is). Would it likely help, or should I forget the idea?

Forget the idea. The injection damp course will not insulate the
wall. Because there is no cavity, the wall is leaking heat out and
allowing cold in, so your best idea would be to dry line the interior
and install some foam insulation. This should increase the heat
retaining properties of the wall and stop it feeling so clammy.

Do you mean that all in one thick insulating board with foil on the back.
Scary, never done anything like that!