Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive[_2_] Clive[_2_] is offline

Default Successful Rat Poison ?

"gilli" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

Just discovered burrows in garden near house, now confirmed to be
caused by rats as
our cat has caught 3 in last two days.

I think I am at fault in encouraging them by putting out food for the
birds without using
proper bird feeders.

Fortunately, she seems not to eat the rats and I am thinking of
putting out poison.

I am going to ask advice of our county council authorities as they
offer a service for a
reasonable price and I must protect the poison from the cat and the
dog, but
I would be interested to know if anyone has any positive evidence of
the effectiveness
of poison for rats.

I looked at rat traps (the killing type),but not sure if the sort
which are cat-proof are
effective long term.

Thanks for your help.

David G.

If there are any holes use a mixture of broken glass and sand to fill them
up.
They will bleed to death when they chew through it. It's similar to the way
conventional poison will make them bleed to death internally. So no more
cruel. Leave your cat to it too.
Call Rentokil and they will tell you how good or bad poisons are. You could
always pour some petrol down the holes and throw a few matches in.