Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stabbing outlets in the back

Apropos recent threads here about "back-stabbed" outlets, a data point:

New client, big multi-million-dollar house high up in the
Berkeley/Oakland hills, less than 15 years old, very well built, client
has good relationship with builder.

All outlets are wired through back-wire connections (*not* screw
connections). Client reports no electrical problems.

Maybe this isn't so bad as some people make it sound. It certainly seems
to be the preference of a lot of electricians who want to get the place
wired up fast.

For myself, I will continue to use the screw terminals, as I don't have
to meet any kind of schedule in my work.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)