Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Adhesive Suggestions Requested

On Mar 14, 5:29*pm, Big_Jake wrote:
On Mar 14, 5:00*pm, "Robert11" wrote:

Hello,

Would appreciate any suggestions as to the "best" adhesive *to use to
fasten a piece of wood to the concrete foundation. * Indoors usage.

Just the regular Devcon epoxy as sold in the hardware store, or are there
much better ones available these days ?

Gorilla glue ?

Or some, what I think are termed, Structual Adhesives ?
If so, Brand and Type, please, as I'm really not familiar with these types
at all ?

Thanks,
Bob

I would strongly suggest *some kind of mechanical fastener. *Any wood
attached to the foundation should be pressure treated, and the
chemicals used to treat the lumber will resist the action of the
glues.

Just my $.02

JK

Agree with the pressure treated problem/warning. The green treated
wood does not fare well with epoxy in my experience. However, I do
have set of cellar steps in a so-so environment that were assembled
from 'the other stuff', whatever that is, which are still sound a
decade later. So I guess the best plan would to be use a dry type
treated lumber and epoxy for maximum adhesion. Tapcons or RedHeads
sure wouldn't hurt.

Joe