Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Electronic component query - fuse resistor ?

I've got a cassette deck - still used for educational material - that
has failed and it would appear that a device called a "fuse resistor"
in the voltage regulator circuit has gone open circuit. It's defined
as 3.3 ohms, 1/2w and the service manual indicates 1 volt across it,
indicating a current of 300ma.

Although RS stock something similar, there is not an immediate
replacement. Is there someone here who could advise me if I could
replace it with a 3.3 ohm resistor and a 500mA fuse ? I'm hoping of
course that it is just old age that has gone for it and not something
further down the line.

Thanks

Rob