Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare Michael Chare is offline

Default Satellite alignment. Got Astra 1 but want Astra 2

"Steve" wrote in message

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...
Steve brought next idea :
Steve" wrote in message

cut
.
So far as I am aware there is no Astra at 23.5 - only the 19.2 and 28.?
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

I'm going by the display on the TV from the receiver. It lists Astra1F at
19.2 and Astra 1E at 23.5 as two different satellites. And I get good
signals from both. Also a Google search for Astra 23.5 give loads of
stuff.
Steve

Well my satellite receiver thinks that 23.5E is Astra3.

You really need to check a partiular channel by looking at the Dog /
programme material to find out what channel it is. Armed with this
information and the frequency, symbol rate and polarity from the receiver
you can then use websites such as SatcoDx, Lyngsat to work out what
satellite you are receiving from.

--
Michael Chare