Posted to alt.home.repair
nefletch nefletch is offline

Default Help me get a lawn

don't take this the wrong way, and good luck on doing
this, but there is a newsgroup about lawns/gardens

wrote in message
Ok, this is the year. Built this house 3 years ago and I need a
lawn. The front lawn is almost 90% crabgrass. Wife thinks I am
wasting my time since "grass" already grows there ! Staring out my
front window looking at brown dead crabgrass and I have finally
snapped.

In the Northeast, can someone give me so ideas about how to get
started on getting a lawn growing instead of this mess. The goal here
is grass, any kind, I don't need a football field or a golf course
just grass. Goal is do it on the cheap if I can. Front lawn is
maybe 100x150 and including the back lawn is about 3/4 acre.

First thought is to get something to enrich the soil and discourages
crabgrass. Then get one of those slice-seeders and overseed the heck
out of it. Not much of a green thumb though can anyone give me some
advice?

Thanks!