Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Oman Paul Oman is offline

Default Adhesive Suggestions Requested

Big_Jake wrote:
On Mar 14, 5:00 pm, "Robert11" wrote:

Hello,

Would appreciate any suggestions as to the "best" adhesive to use to
fasten a piece of wood to the concrete foundation. Indoors usage.

Just the regular Devcon epoxy as sold in the hardware store, or are there
much better ones available these days ?

Gorilla glue ?

Or some, what I think are termed, Structual Adhesives ?
If so, Brand and Type, please, as I'm really not familiar with these types
at all ?

Thanks,
Bob

I would strongly suggest some kind of mechanical fastener. Any wood
attached to the foundation should be pressure treated, and the
chemicals used to treat the lumber will resist the action of the
glues.

Just my $.02

JK

------

thickened epoxy - but then again, I'm in the epoxy business! - paul