Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default New Ridgid Tablesaw

"CW" wrote in message

No I hadn't. I was strapped for time yesterday. But I've read it over
now.

In the part you didn't post, there's the usual disclaimer info that
pertains
to what is and is not covered. In essence it's the standard "Ridgid is
not
responsible for problems not of our making" (see below) -- which, it seems
to me, leaves it entirely up to discretion of the person doing the repairs
make that determination.

Well naturally there would be a disclaimer, neglect and purposely damaging
the tool would void that warranty.

Begging the question: Has anyone here had cause to repair a Ridgid
product, and if so, how pleased were you with your experience. Maybe a
topic for another thread???

I revall having read about repairs on their equipment. But besides that has
anyone ever been dissatisfied with the product or warranty. Typically you
hear about problems more so than a tool that performs as expected.

"...warranty only covers defects arising under normal usage and does not
cover any malfunction, failure or defect resulting from misuse, abuse,
neglect,
alteration, modification or repair by other than an authorized service
center
for RIDGID branded hand held and stationary power tools".

Would you expect otherwise? The tool is not built and expected to perform
when misused, abused, or neglected. They do BTY advertise in some of thir
ads that routine maintaince is covered under the warranty. I suspect that
if you neglect to get routine "free" service performed that that would void
the warranty.

BMW warrants their cars under warranty and perform free maintance for the
first 4 years of 50,000 miles. If you don't have the oil changed at all,
for free, or otherwise and blow the engine, it is going to be on you.

It is a common sense thing.