Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruno Bruno is offline

Default Price question, Atlas 6"

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

On 2009-03-13, Bruno wrote:
"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

[ ... ]

The lathe I see in the pictures is the Timken bearing equipped model.

Hmm ... not sure there. It looks as though it has gits oilers
placed where they would have difficulty feeding into the bearings
themselves. But they do look a bit larger in diameter than I remember
for my bronze bearing model, so how does the oil reach the bearings?

DoN, the oilers were right above the center of the spindle. The Timkin
model has a single headstock casting around the spindle, the broze
bearing model is split with those prominent bolts on the top (not seen
in the picture).

But the real clincher was the Timken Bearing Equipped decal on the
front of the headstock. I couldn't read it in the picture, but I know
the shape of it.

-Bruno